Tuesday, March 1, 2011

my baby steps into the co-operate world

Afternoon friends,

Great news every one, am having a blast in my internship, i feel part of the company despite my minor role , eye opening experience to the cooperate world if i may say...

I have been placed at PDQ  for the past 3 weeks under the accounting services. During the course of my training i have been exposed to areas such as;
- Media Monitoring
-Drafting Press Release
-Media Invitations and RSVP's
-Reporting
-Creative Development Procedures
-Research 
-Job Briefs

Since my placement here, every morning i read through newspapers searching for articles about PDQ clients or information related to their competitors of which i cut the clippings,scan and  file for future references then send soft copies of the clippings to the clients to confirm their sales messages or evaluate the effectiveness of the events. I recently learned how to calculate media value, a bit tricky nearly gave up easily, thank you to my supervisor, am excelling!

The task of reading newspapers everyday can be exhausting and boring at times but it has broadened my knowledge of current affair in Malaysia and am more updated on events that are happening around me and world wide, which i was not aware of...

Stay tuned as i will be updating you more on what doing i've been doing for the past weeks



1 comment:

Katey said...

Hi!

I found your post really interesting...but wanted to ask if you could share how you work out media value?! I am doing the same kind of duty - finding, scanning and filing press clippings of the artists on the Universal repertoire - and I have never really thought about the value of the articles I find!

If you're allowed to share... I'd love to hear!

Katey