I worked for BPC for the past 2 months and i enjoyed my stay with them. I had the opportunity to work with the Pr Manager and i ended up organizing events such as the Earth Hour campaign unfortunately i wont be around when it happen. I had meetings with representatives from different organizations and Government ministries not forgetting the media.
One of the important things that i learnt was how to deal with the media. For the two months that i spent with BPC we had a lot of crisis regarding power shortages hence i was assigned to organize interviews and draft media releases.
It has been fun and at the same time i gained some experience on how to be a Pr Officer.
3 comments:
Hello Mr Seipato,from your post I came across the point where you said you organised events such as the Earth Hour Campaign,i know very well that most of consultancies,companies or organizations do always have such events planning and organizing,I realized that special events are one of the most popular PR tools used by practitioners to gain public attention for their lodging establishments.BPC is one of the biggest and well know corporation in Botswana so whatever it does the public has to be notified.
The other point you have talked about is the crisis part,this shows that you enjoyed and faced a challenging position.
Yes it was challenging looking at the fact that it was my first time dealing with a crisis. The worst part of it is that it happened on my first week so i didn't have enough time to settle down i just went straight into work. All the things that i learn't since semester 1 all of a sudden came into use.
Should have been an experience to organise such a campaign, how long did the campaign run. I think its high time we read about PR being praciced in Botswana, for instance, what you just said.
Post a Comment