Hi again everyone
Well, over the last few weeks I feel like I have slowly established a little more responsibility within H&K.
The health team have me working on a few projects at the moment - the two main ones include a Paceline event and a Fisher and Paykel sleep apnea survey focusing on snoring. Both projects have involved strict deadlines and has highlighted the importance of being able to multi task and meet crucial deadlines.
Paceline is an event that is held by Sanofi that raises awareness of Atrial Fibrilation. It was a bike ride that took place with many competitors that went over four days from Adelaide to Melbourne. The event was led by Steve Quinn, who suffers from the disease. The aim of the event is to raise as much money as possible. I needed to formulate a media list of contacts to target the small towns that the cyclists would be passing through. Working on this event emphasised the importance of focusing not only on large media outlets (such as state newspapers etc), but also targetting local radio stations, community newspapers and regional news outlets. The local papers are more likely to cover the story as the news is local and relates to the community and provides the opportunity for locals to get involved.
I was also working on a Fisher and Paykel survey that focused on the effects of snoring on relationships and sleeping patterns. 500 females were surveyed about their partners snoring habits. The results were very interesting and provided great opportunities for media coverage. I had to think of some ideas for supporting headlines and also drafted a media release to send out to relevant contacts once approved by Rory. Because of its interesting angles, this release generated a lot of coverage:
Snoring kills sex life
Snoring kills sex, women say
Thats it for now,
Ciao
No comments:
Post a Comment