Tuesday, May 17, 2011

THE CORPORATE WORLD-AN EYE OPENER


A heartfelt thank you, to Curtin University for making this module compulsory. During my ten weeks of my internship, I learnt a lot and all I can say is that I had a great time at the Ministry of Finance and Development Planning-Botswana. I had exposure on the public sector and learnt more about our government policies; I had the chance to sleep in a 3 star hotel for 5 days on the media training workshop. The purpose of the training workshop was to apprise the media on the Millennium Development Goals and the National Population Policy and promote reporting on the two by media practioners. All the media houses in Botswana were invited for five days training and they (Media) were given a platform raised their own challenges for reporting as journalists in Botswana. I learnt how to do quotations and even faxing, the list it’s endless but truly having done my internship for this module was an eye opener and now I know what to expect in the corporate world.

Even though I had challenges, especially having to wake up every morning at 530am because work started at 730am, it was indeed worth it and in a way was disciplining me. My writing skills have improved; I have developed a habit of reading news everyday which is very vital for me especially as a communication student.
Hope you guys had a great time during internship and beyond doubt I had a great time with you all on this blog. I learnt a lot through your post that certainly Public Relations it’s a fun job yet important in every organizations and company.

Be blessed


No comments: