Monday, May 16, 2011

The End...but doesn't mean silence

hey everyone...

thanks for being with all of you on this blog and i have learnt lot of things from you. my last word with all the future PR and communication practitioners is that in every profession they is always an ethical challenges in different aspects of their daily lives, and this ethical dilemmas exists when they is a time to make choices. The basic ethical frameworks that need to be followed are to observe their professional association’s code of ethics and the organization code of conduct. For example, I had an ethical dilemma when writing a follow up court story which was a defilement case. I wrote the article and when I went back to court during the mention of the case, the man threatened me for writing about him. I was frightened and could not know what to do next because I had to write a follow up story about the case. On Monday I could not write it, until Wednesday morning because I had to meet the deadline in the afternoon.

So, according to what I have been taught, both my and organizational professional principles and looking at the fact that the community need to know what is happening around them I decided to write a story regardless of the threats he gave me. lastly i can say that do something that will benefit most of the people rather than what will benefit a small group.


No comments: