Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Is there anything worse then media lists?

Hey guys,

Unfortunately my blog was not working but finally it is, so I guess this will be a bit more reflective then anything else really. Lets backtrack to my third week of placement.

I had just started working at a PR consultancy and our main client was the Mundaring Truffle Festival. Along with getting to know how the business works, the most important task I had to do at the time were the media lists. All I can say is I am glad I don't have to redo them, because they can be a nightmare! This means going through the media database and making sure all contacts are still current and then emailing them all. The problem is that every different media outlet needs to be sent a specific email message and media release, which can be very time consuming and confusing. I had a few mishaps myself, sending the wrong emails to the wrong people with the wrong attachments. However after days sorting it out, emailing and getting emails back, the first lot of emails were sent out to the relevant contacts. Now we were sorted… until we had to send out the next lot!

Daniella

No comments: