This week is very busy at my PR Placement at Loaded Communications, because as you might know in event management, you can't relax until an event is over (and then there is still a lot of work to do!!).
I have been working on the National Youth Conference which will be heald in Sydney this year from Monday 30th May to Wed 1st June 2011 at the Sydney Convention and Exhibition Centre on the Darling Harbour. I have been lucky enough to be invited to attend and work at this event in Sydney, in which I fly out this Sunday!!
(If only I didn't have to come back so soon for end of semester exams!!)
I will be managing the event, alongside my PR Director at Loaded Communications, and fellow event managing staff. How Exciting!
This was certainly an opportunity I could not pass up during my PR placement work experience!
We will each be managing one conference room where speakers will present to the room of youth sector workers and youth of Australia, certain topics of interest about youth development, policy, change and practice in Australia. So not only will I be able to listen to some very interesting presentations, I will be making sure all my presenters are on time, well equipped and everything runs smoothly.
I will look forward to updating you all on how the conference went, as I fly to Sydney for the first time in my life this weekend!
Its going to be a hectic couple of days and I will be trying hard to make sure the event runs smoothly in every way possible.
Wish me luck!!
- Lisa
1 comment:
Hi Lisa,
It is great that Loaded Communications has given you such a hands on experience for your placement.
Event management is a skill that is can only be improved through the experience of actually organising and running an event (which I too have found out at my placement). I don't think many people realise all the aspects that need to be consider when thinking of conducting an event.
I am sure you have spent a lot of time and effort on helping with this event, so for them to allow you to go to the actual event in Sydney would be so rewarding.
Goodluck, I hope that everything runs smoothly while you are there and you gain a lot from the experience!
Kendall
Post a Comment