Hi everyone
I've been waiting for the chance to blog for ages! I am doing my second placement at Department of Culture and the Arts. I still have a few weeks left and I have to admit that I love it there. My first placement (I shall keep the business nameless for the sake of thier privacy) did not go all that well. My supervisor did not want me there and made it incredibly clear. It was in the hospitality industry and they had a very small public relations department who were mixed in with the sales and marketing team. Suffice to say, although I learned, you always do and I stuck it out, it was in no way even close to the joy and personal growth I am experiencing at DCA. The staff are friendly and I have been involved with tasks such as media enquiries and the like. I am studying journalism and public relations as a lot of us are and I have to say it is really interesting being on the inside of a government department. Seeing what they go through in relation to articles published about the Minister and media enquiries is such a learning curve. Sometimes they have to spend a whole day just responding to a few media enqiries or trying to get facts and figures together (which they already know) but need the approved documentation proof for. I have already learned so much from an experienced, brilliant communications team who work hard and are very inclusive toward me. I must admit I have made some great contacts, good friends and am glowing from my placement. I also wanted to give some hope those of you out there who are not enjoying your placement for one reason or another. I know how hard it can be, I went through it at my first secret internship.
No comments:
Post a Comment