Hi everyone well finally this is my last post and I would just like to take you through my thoughts on the importance of maintaing good relations with clients as an organization. At Red Archer my boss always emphaised the importance of being friendly and treating clients as friends to the company, and at the beginning I did not quite understand as to how important it was until I further discovered their past relations with previous clients.And these long term relations were simply done by regular communication and treating all clients fairly and with respect. Through the number of years that the organization has been in existence they have a great number of clients that they deal with which many are regulars, such as Standard Charted Bank and Proton. Preserving these relationships was done from phone emails and regular phone calls to check on how the clients were progressing even after an event.
As my duty was centered around phone calls sourcing out supliers and researching I was also undertook the charge of communicating with the clients. I would make phone calls to inform them if any significant changes in relation to their event and also get a feedback as to what they wanted.
We often engaged in staff discussions where a supervisor would ask you on any progress you have made in communication and getting whatever task done. Establishing a great relation was highly emphaised as this always made the client feel at cared for and valued by the company. And this all went by getting to know them and taking a great interest in knowing what they want so as to know how to deliver good service. And often times I would fall into situations where things would change or be slowed down and those times I usually found a lot more easier to communicate the fall backs with the clients because there was that relationship that was already established.
So in a conclusion it is always important to get to know the people you work for and maker great working relationships with them in order to ensure success.
2 comments:
I must say I absolutely agree!! Relationships in PR are so important. Basically, the foundation of PR is relationships. Building and maintaining that rapport and strong, two-way communication is so important. I have also found with my two placements and any other job I've ever had, you have to quickly get to know and understand certain relationships that the established business has built and respect them.
It a wonderful thing if, as a new member of the team, you can also help your department by starting to build some relationships of your own. These are of course representative of your company. Therefore, it is essential to remember all of the responsibility that comes with relations on behalf of the company. I feel that awareness of your companies core values, respect of partnerships and the ability to create new relationships shows iniative and a high level of respect.
It is so important to always be aware of protocol that preceeded you within the company. I believe in trying to do your best to not only work by that but try to add to it as well is a part of being a good team member.
Jem
Jemma
Being in the field of PR means not only do you have to know about what your own organization does, but you have to have a fair understanding of what your stakeholders or clients want as well.
For me during my internship i was exposed to many networking opportunities, as there were workshops, meetings, and general communication via email and telephone. You must not be ignorant in this field and there should be a general sense of professionalism when it comes to maintaining relationships. These are learnings you only learn in theory at University but once you start working its actually a good test to see how you can portray a positive attitude and keep good liaison with various stakeholders.
Post a Comment