Hello everyone!!
My name is Sandy and I'm from the Charles Telfair Institute (Mauritius) and I am actually on a full-time internship at Pub Xtreme Ltd. I have already worked ten days there and I really like the job I'm doing.
About Pub Xtreme Ltd:
Pub Xtreme Ltd was conceived as a part of the emerging new media era in June 2000 and is endowed with a a dynamic, versatile and lively spirit. They emphasise on creativity, strategic thinking and inspired design. They aim to provide a highly proactive and client-oriented production, integrating and upgrading the client's vision, carefully monitoring it every step of the way, and thus developing optimal tactical and strategic reflection during creation, execution and follow-up.
They reinvent themselves constantly in order to stay flexible, keep our company spirit alive and bring creativity into everything we do. They are experts in Visual Identity Conception, Branding, Packaging, Media Planning, Promotional Advertising, Production of Television and Radio Commercials and Design of Print and Press Advertising
About the job I've done so far:
I have been compiling media clippings about the publicity that we had advertise for the clients upon their requests. And we send them a copy of each advertisements that was published along with their invoice so as they have a proof of whether their advertisements have been really published or not and we keep a copy for the company.
I have also been drafting speeches for TV and Radio spots for advertising for the clients and assist in the voice out of the TV and Radio spots.
I have also assist in photo shoots for products that will appear in the promotional brochure of some supermarkets and that the graphic designers of the company will be designing. I also make some booking with the press for the advertisement that the clients want to put in the newspapers and according to their preferences (that is in which journal they want it to appear, in which page and on which date). Sometimes the clients don't have any preferences and we are the one designing their media plan.
That's all for my first post. Hope you are enjoying your internship as I am!!!
Sandy NMH
Charles Telfair Institute
Mauritius
2 comments:
Hello Sandy,good to hear that you are also enjoying your placement as much as I did at Sun Resorts Ltd. In fact, when I read about the tasks assigned to you at Pub Xtreme Ltd,they are quite similar to what I did at SRL as well. As you know much of PR comprises of communication, relationships and reputation obviously! This is exactly the motto of my organisation; communicating effectively with its partners and customers as well as maintaining high and ethical relationships with its publics and the media. I learnt the importance of effective communication and ethics especially when I was helping the web master in creating the official website for the Marlin World Cup 2012. I had to look for free-to-use pictures (without copyrights) and in case they had copyrights, I had to advise my superior so as to avoid legal hassles in the future among the other tasks I had to carry out.
Well keep me updated about your internship and so will I on my other posts.
Cheers.
Anicksha Boolell
14436314
CTI
Hey Anicksha, yeah you are right, communicating effectively with partners and customers is really important and is the most crucial part in a business as without communication you can’t do nothing. And regarding the fact that you helped the web master of SRL, I had been doing quite the same thing as you that is looking for free-to-use pictures. In my case it was for the new design that one of the designers was making for the annual report of the MPCB. I’ll be detailing all what I’ve done in my next post. So stay tune..
Sandy NMH
Post a Comment