Monday, July 11, 2011

Public Relations 393 - Journal of an intern #4

Dear all,

I hope everyone's weekend is well spent. 

This week is my last week in Mediabond PR, the experienced that I've gain throughout the 15days of my internship is indescribable. I might not be the best intern of all, I probably have sent a couple of emails to the wrong clients, sent faxes to unrelated medias and made few spelling mistakes that a 5 grade students will never make. Although my mistakes were mountain high but my supervisor never make me feel ashamed but proud that I've learn so much so far. 

Currently, I'm handling a book launch from a well-recognized judge in Malaysia. Coincidentally, this judge is the father of Mediabond's CEO, which was also my supervisor. The book that is about to launch is a practical book guidance for law students and courts. I'm surprised to be given this special event to handle, media invitations to write and media callings to follow up. I cant thank my supervisor more. This is a great opportunity for me to build skills to prepare myself for the real world after my graduation.

The everyday task of mine, which is to monitoring clients news (read newspapers) in the newspapers, internet and magazines had grant me few experiences and gain some humble knowledge on clients. I'm able to calculate media values for clients and make certain judgments on the news released by local newspapers when the team (includes other interns) are ready to write a report. By this Friday, hopefully the report can be done up and hand it to our supervisor to screen through before it lands at the clients table. I cant believe that our work are important to the clients. 

Till then,
Stay tune for the finale of this post !

Regards,
Evon Tan 
1489 6170
(Singapore Campus)

2 comments:

K said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
K said...

Sound like you had a great internship there, keep it up.