Monday, August 8, 2011

2 weeks in, Blog 1


Hi Everyone.

So I am about to start my third week as PR assistant at Detail Marketing Communications and everything is coming together nicely.

My main focus is on this years Cancer Council Walk to Work day, so for the past 2 weeks I have been compiling various data bases to send information through, and last week began emailing and calling media with Diary Alerts, Media Releases and CSA requests.

I managed to set up a radio interveiw with Curtin fm which I was very happy about, so we will see what happens this week.

I have also been asked to help work at the grand opening of the General Pants Co. store in Perth city this saturday, which has 300 VIP members invited and around 1000 members of the public expected to attend! This is very exciting but also makes me very nervous as im not sure what to expect and it will be my first hands on experience with event management.

I hope everyone is enjoying their placements and goodluck

1 comment:

Kayla said...

Hey Shelbey
Your placement sounds great!
I noticed you said you were working within the marketing communications side of the event management in PR. How is that all going for you?
I am currently also performing my placement within commercial and corporate event management for Rottnest Island Authority, however am more on the otherside of the fence, mainily dealing with internal prep and involved stakeholders.
What is it like, directly communicating with the media regarding event management? Do you gain a different insight to what you might have expected of an event?
And also what job roles have you been given to take on the day, for example at the opening of the General Pants Co.? That must have been really fun!

Good luck for your upcoming events.
Kayla