It's only my second blog and I feel as though I'm way behind in all of this. It's really interesting reading what everyone is up to, and it's amazing how some of the predicaments you are having and also just the tasks you are doing, are so similar to what I'm doing.
At the moment, things are quite stressful at the Asthma Foundation, because its National Asthma Week next week and we have several functions coming up. One of which, is the final closing function for the campaign I've been working on this year, "Help the Fremantle Dockers Tackle Asthma."
I've been liaising a lot with the girls from Freo in regards to the run sheet and general event plan. We've run into some difficulties with receiving RSVP's from our corporate sponsors. One thing I've learnt about working for a non for profit is that big companies don't really take you too seriously, and they definitely prioritise you below a lot of other companies. It can be really tough to get a hold of them, and I'm forced to keep making the phone calls, even though I hate that feeling of calling people over and over, when you know they don't actually want to be bothered.
This is definitely something I'm learning in my placement though, that in order to get a job done you sometimes have to annoy people until they do it. It's hard because I'm not a pushy person, but I realise in PR and Marketing, persistence definitely pays off in the long run.
Cheers for reading, and until next time :)
3 comments:
Hey Jess,
I feel the same way reading through all the blog posts! It's quite comforting knowing that although we're interning in different organisations, there are still similarities in terms of the tasks that we do.
And I definitely agree that persistence is VITAL.
I think most people in the workplace tend to put on a different hat when working, so although you may not be a pushy person by nature, if it means you'll get the job done, then you'll just have to. And I'm sure that'll come naturally once we've all had sufficient experience. :)
Best of luck!
Post a Comment