Monday, August 8, 2011

My Second Blog and Half Way Through

Hi all,

So this is my second blog for my placement at Corporate Sports Australia working for the Chevron City to Surf for Activ (full name). I am now half way through my internship which is super scary but super exciting! As the weeks go by, the event is getting closer and closer so there is more and more work and everyone is getting more and more excited/stressed!

My role as PR and Media assistant has let me work on a range of activities which is great! My days are never the same. Last week I got to help out on a media shoot with our media ambassadors for the event. I got to meet people in the media industry which was fantastic and hopefully very helpful in the future.

I have now been put in charge of organising the Press Conference for the event. The Press Conference will be held the Friday before the event and invites all media to interview prominent athletes and human interest athletes for the event. I have been told this event is "my baby" which is super exciting but also daunting! I feel so lucky to be able to organise and coordinate something of this magnitude especially becuase it is something that will provide me with fantastic experience for the future! Has anyone else been put in control of something like this? I would love to hear how it went!??

I hope all interns are going really well and everyone is loving there placements and learning valuable knowledge for the future!

Until next blog,

Georgia Stewart
14754951
Bentley Campus

4 comments:

BrookeR said...

This opportunity sounds incredible Georgia! To be in charge of the media conference is such a giant step from learning about it in the classroom.
I'm 100% positive you will do wonderfully, don't forget to breathe and enjoy the whole experience - this is exactly the kind of PR experience you wanted wasn't it? :)Keep it up :)

Georgia Stewart said...

Thanks Brooke!

Your right, this is exactly the internship I wanted and as I get further in it is turning out better and better. I hope your intern at Westrac is going fantastically! It sounds like such a good placement and such a big company to work with too!

:-D

*** said...

Wow that sounds amazing Georgia! That's such amazing industry exposure, it must be great to apply some of the theory to your real work. Can't wait to hear about how you are going to make that press conference "your baby"! :)

rebecca.schaus said...

Wow Georgia, it really sounds like you're getting the most out of your placement!

I have also been placed at the helm of an event, and have been responsible for sourcing the venue, equipment, volunteers and other logistical nightmares. But it went very smoothly and my pre-planning and organisation meant the event was fairly stress-free and highly successful. Good luck with yours! I'm sure it will be a hit.