Interning at an active wear clothing label has it perks, such as being asked to try on the latest leggings and super cosy jackets - and get to wear them around the office ALL DAY to make sure they are perfect before release for sale. Throw off the pencil skirt and slip into some comfort clothes - yes please!
For past 4 weeks I have been putting together a flash looking press kit for abi and joseph, and today I drafted an additional page to add to it on fabric specifications, which will also be used on the website. Then we went through the final edit, and I made some suggestions to the layout, so more liaising with the graphic designer was required.
Secondly Abi, the Director, discovered that only about 20% of their media were opening abi and joseph's press releases (sent as PDFs) - some because they had strong firewalls and couldn't do so. Which is a BIG PROBLEM and so we discuss ways to overcome this. I was asked if I could offer any solution but technology is not my strongest point. At uni, this issue is not addressed and it was taught that press releases were sent as hardcopy or over email but not in what format. Does anyone know the best format for such things that will get through firewalls and what not? Or how does your interning organisation send their press releases? Next week I will be contacting editors and all other media contacts to address this issue.
No comments:
Post a Comment