Thursday, August 4, 2011

Not Long To Go...

Well with only a couple of days left to go at the Asthma Foundation WA, I am excited to be finishing up. Although I have enjoyed most of my time at the Foundation, I will be glad when it is all over and I no longer have to keep writing this immensely huge Final Report for the unit!

I have certainly had some fun times as well as not so fun times during my placement, but it has all been worthwhile and it is such a valuable experience to have. Lately I have been involved in the more mundane tasks of stuffing envelopes and I actually spent all day stuffing brochures into information packs, in a hurry to get 1000 packs ready to give out at Telethon in a couple of weeks. This has been one of the more boring tasks of my placement, but it is not all bad with some of my time actually being spent doing more useful (and more fun in my opinion) tasks such as creating a Bequest Program for the Foundation. Funnily enough I actually had no idea what a bequest even was until I was asked to create a whole program for them. (For those who are as uneducated as I was on the subject, a bequest is a sum of money or assets that people can leave in their will to a charity when they die). Bequests can not only be a good source of funding for the Foundation, but it also allows the bequest givers to give something back to the community, especially to a charity that may be close to their heart. Bequests are becoming more popular these days so I was in charge of creating a program, and I even came up with three different designs for bequest brochures, which the CEO loved (and this made me feel very worthwhile at the Foundation!).

So as excited as I am to be finishing, I am glad that I did it and I have learnt a lot from my time at the Asthma Foundation WA.

Jayde Ferguson
14272385

No comments: