Thursday, August 4, 2011

My First Blog

Hi everyone, my name is Sarah and this is my first reflective blog for PR 393. I have just started my Internship at RRR Network, which stands for Rural, Remote and Regional Women.

About RRR Network:
The Network is part of Department of Agricultural as well as falling under department of Commerce; however the office is located at the department of Agricultural.
The RRR Network acts as a mechanism for sharing information relevant to the development of women and their communities in rural areas of Western Australia. The Network also helps recognise the achievements of women living in remote Western Australia and aims promote and expand the contribution women make to their communities.


My First Day:
On my first day I showed up 20 minutes early and VERY nervous. My supervision Katrina gave me the grand tour of the building, which is like a maze! Thankfully the RRR office only takes up a tiny part of the Department of Agriculture. Katrina Hayes is the executive for RRR and does everything. She has no other staff members and is literally in charge and runs everything! After discussing my role at RRR Network and what Katrina expended of me my day officially began. I spent most of the first day organising and planning how I would be organising information that comes in from different RRR members around WA for the 2012 family planner which I will be in charge of. This included permission for Copyright of images, originals, thumbnails to show members, locations and dates. It may seem simple, but actually took me a number of hours to figure out how to sort the information. I also got a crash coarse on Photoshop, which I will be using to edit and change the pixels of the images sent to us.


The day flied past and before I knew it was 5 o’clock and home time! I’m looking forward to coming back tomorrow and trying new things.

1 comment:

Nazanin Motiee said...

Hi Sarah,
Your internship sounds really interesting. I was really nervous on my first day too. I got there 30 mins early and wasn’t really sure what to do.

I’m really glad to here that you are getting into it.

I’m writing this post because just recently I was assigned the task of redesigning and restructuring CBH Groups Demeter Circle website.

The Demeter Circle is the company’s very own system of recognising the unique leadership characteristics of women in the CBH Group. The website address recent events and activities organised and conducted for or by women. The RRR is one of the sources on our site that we have linked to for information.

I was really excited to see that you are doing your internship there and maybe we can be in touch so I can get some information from you :-)

Well done!

Nazanin Motiee
14139820