Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Blog #3 public relations and the outside world

Hie everyone!
As we all know communication is a very important tool in our every day lives.For the 1 and half month that I did my internship at Salina and Associates I acquired a lot of skills and good communication skills is one of the skills i acquired. Every day was a learning experience because I learnt something new every day. Public relations deals with a lot of interactions between the clients, media, journalists and public relations practitioners, so its important for one to be equipped with the right communication skills.
I learnt how to communicate with media and how to handle them during events and I also learnt the right communications skills when communicating with the media and handling the phone calls to the media.

At times when we had events , for instance the launching of the new meal at Nandos i interacted with a lot of people especially journalist as i registered the media and i was also assigned to issue the media kit to them .With all these activities that i was assigned to do , a lot of communication was required in order to get the work done.Luckily i was already equipped with the right knowledge on the importance of communication and public relations.

Good public speaking skills are also very important in situations whereby someone has to address the public and that happens a lot in the public relations field.

I'll be posting my last blog post very soon!

Ketshepile Nyati (LUCT)
14464700

No comments: