Boago, LUCT
Hi all!
The event that was
Planning for an event is the most tiring thing ever and being punctual matters the most when doing an event. i was planning the event with 2 of the interns attached to Salina and Associates. The event was for nando's which is an African restaurant but has found its way to international countries. The day before the event we worked so hard that we didn't even go for lunch hour. What i did was to put invitation cards in envelopes and send them to other guests which were invited to the event. I also arranged media releases and put them in files as well as wrapping the boxes which were to be given as a token of appreciation to the journalists because it was a media event.
The following day was the event and i had to wake up very early because the event was scheduled to start at 9 so we had to be at the event at 7 that is 2 hours before it began to make the final preparations. I was very excited as i was looking forward to seeing how PR handles the media during events. We arrived well on time at the mall where the event was held, at the event they also had a competition where journalists were to win a day in as a pilot so my task was to explain the competition to the journalists, well at first i was so nervous but luckily one of my supervisors was there to assist me when i needed help. With time i got used to talking to the journalists and i was able to do the work with no assistance and my supervisor was impressed. I was also responsible for media registration, the importance of media registration is that a follow up can be made with the journalists if they did not cover the event. I also gave them the media kit so that they could get a glimpse of the event. My legs were killing me as i was standing until the event was over. When the event was over we gave the journalists a token of appreciation and it was time for refreshments. We then packed our stuff and headed back to the office, it was a day well spent. Look out for my last post.
Bye for now!!
3 comments:
Hey,
It looks like you really had to work hard throughout your placement. I think that's a good thing though because it'll give you a great insight into the real world of events.
I know I found one of the most rewarding things was seeing an event come together after a lot of planning. I'm sure you feel the same now that it's wrapping up!
Good luck!
Hi,
Thank you so much for your comment the event was so tiring but i enjoyed every moment of it..
its good to hear how you managed to handle the pressure and i believe thats an experience you will take with you anywhere you go. wat to go girl. good luck
Post a Comment