Saturday, September 10, 2011

Going Global

Hi everyone
I work full time at Minter Ellison Lawyers and have been fortunate to complete my placement in my current workplace.
My role is Business Development Executive and my core duties include providing marketing support to our Real Estate and Disputes division. This involves identifying profile raising opportunities for our legal staff, including speaking at conferences, identifying sponsorships and if there is a hot legal topic in their industries, making sure that we are informing our clients. This may be through events or newsletters.
Our Events and Sponsorship Coordinator has been on leave for the last fortnight, and because I am doing my placement I have been fortunate to look after events and sponsorships during this time. So I have some really exciting things to share with you over the coming weeks!!!
But first things first, if any of you read the newspapers you will have seen the recent media attention our firm has received. The Perth office will be combining with Global Law firm, Squire Sanders. As you can imagine it has been a hype of activity in our department of late, below is just a taste of what I have been involved with;
- Preparing media packs for journalists who were interviewing our Managing Partner and Chairman
- Involved in the internal communication annoucment to staff
- Setting up meetings for our key clients to ensure good client relationship management
- Using our CRM to pull a list of clients to disseminate an announcement letter
- Involved in meetings with key industry associations that we sponsor
It really has been an exciting time for me! The most interesting take out from this media attention is how critically important the content of your media release is. Below are links to some of our coverage - interested to hear your thoughts!!

No comments: