Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My First Week at ABU Organisation #Blog 2 (Event Preparations)

Hello again mu fellow PR Professional colleagues on the today post i will be updating you on what my first week was all about with the Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union Organisation.


Okay I will say I had a really great interview the previous week, and now was the time for me to shine, and show my boss how great I was with the field of work I have interned for. I was so greatful that when I started the organisation had been on some preparations on 3 (three) major workshops for the following week, to be hosted for a period of 2 (two) weeks. What we had to do was to prepare for the events. So these takes me to the part of Event Management under our program. We had to check whether every aspect of the event was on place and ready for the opening, we had to  look at the following during that week: 

  • Site 
  • Budget finalising (Catering Company)
  • Scheduling (Program finalising)
  • Site design
  • Technical design (Webinar setup)
From my first week at work all was set for the major event on the 18th of July in which we had a total of 40 participants from all the member organisations of ABU.

During all the preparation I did notice one major concern, the organisation did not have local journalists to cover the event rather they mentioned they relay on the publicity of their organisation website to disseminate the important informations and that they had the event on their quarterly magazines and monthly newsletter sent to the members of the organisation. Also the use of Microsoft Outlook was a major source of communication with sending invitations to participants.

From these blog post I would like us to discuss on the importance of the relationship between Media and Public Relations  sector in order for me to recommend the findings to my organisation. And what other new ways can we keep the media up to date with what is happening on our organisations. So that ABU Organisation can use and consider building a great relationship with media on their future events.

Thank you and kind Regards

Keletso Ndiye Kakanje
14464629
LUCT

1 comment:

Mr Bots said...

Well as far as i'm concerned companies have their on way of doing their business but if they do not focus on relationship with the media thats questionable and i hope they will work on that in the future..On other view i can say you must have had great experience make sure you apply what you learnt in future:)