Sunday, September 18, 2011

Only three days left!

The tuition free week is over and I have spent every day doing my placement for the Working with Children Screening Unit. It has been really insightful to go there every day for a full week. I noticed that my work got a lot more consistent and I started to feel more comfortable. I wish I had the chance to every day for 4 weeks instead of having to break it up to only going on my tuition free days. I suppose that’s how it is when we need to juggle school, placement and assignments at the same time.

So what have I been doing this week? I finished a report on their promotional products and marketing the Thursday before (8th of September). My supervisor had the pleasure of reading through my 44 pages long report and when I came on Monday she gave me some positive feedback and wanted me to proceed forward on some of the recommendation I had given them. She wanted me to design new booklets for parents and employers, create a new poster-series with a fresh look, come up with some creative by-lines for their unit and find quotes on possible promotional products.

It has been great fun designing posters and booklet, although I really wish I had some graphic experience! My supervisor still seemed happy with the results, even though they were quite simple. I will definitely try and take some courses in graphic design, as well as web design next year. I’m sure this will be extremely beneficial when trying to find a job!

Aleksandra Berg Hagen

14781904

No comments: