Wednesday, September 21, 2011

PR behind Promotional Brochures.


Hello guys!!!

So this time I will talk about one work I was continuously involved in during my internship. I was helping the designers of my company in the designing of the promotional brochures of one of our main client – GSR (Grandes Surfaces Reunies), which comprises of 12 supermarkets all around the island. I have notice that even that with the many promotional and marketing tools that continue to come out one after the other, brochures are still one of the best means to advertise a company’s products or services.

To facilitate the work of the designers I was assigned in doing all the follow ups with the coordinator of GSR. I mostly communicate with her by mail (and if there is an urgent matter it was on phone).

The first work was what items would be in the promotional brochure for the next month. She will send to me by mail the products and then I would cross check it with the pictures of the products we already have and finally send to her the list of products that we don’t have the pictures. Then I would give to the 2 designers that are working on the brochure the final list of the items going on the brochures and there pictures. Also I would have already classified the pictures in their respective categories. As the designers use the same layout for the brochure, my job stops there.

But that was only for the content. Then comes the more important, the cover of the brochure. I helped another designer who was in charge of making the cover. I helped in the design and in the choice of the color. As GSR was celebrating it’s ?? birthday, we based on that to create the cover.

Creating an attractive cover will catch the eye of the customer. In this case PR and Marketing works closely together as I had to work on the cover so as to meet the clients expectations but also I had to think how to make the cover attractive to customers of GSR and meet the theme assigned.

That's all for today. Stay tune for my next post!!!

Sandy NMH
Charles Telfair Institute
Mauritius

2 comments:

Darla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Darla said...

Hello Sandy,

I find your placement very interesting. This is really great that you got the opportunity to work on brochures.

Brochure is indeed a very powerful communication tool. I agree with the fact that the cover of a brochure should be really attractive to attract the attention of customers.

PR is an important factor in marketing as it forms part of the promotional decisions that could be taken. In the marketing field, producing mind-blowing brochures can help in creating a maximum of awareness around a product or even a business.

On my side, I was working mostly with flyers and newsletters. I helped a lot in designing each one of them. I also got the opportunity through that to work with colours and photos which I found very interesting.

Keep us updated about your amazing work at Pub Xtreme Ltd.

Best of luck

Darla
CTI