As my firm Minter Ellison has combined with Squire Sanders, effective today, we have been keen to leverage any opportunities to profile the new brand.
A few weeks back myself and my Manager met with the Urban Development Institute of Australia (UDIA). We are the legal and legislative partner for this association, which represents the urban development industry.
In this meeting we agreed that our firm would sponsor the October addition of the Quarterly Urban Development Index publication which will be published to their membership in a fortnight. This entitles our firm to 4 pages of content.
I came up with a plan for the four pages available to us, this included 1 full page advertisement, 2 pages for a thought leadership piece on regeneration or affordable housing and 1 page article profiling some of our lawyers who will speaking in their November professional development program.
This plan was approved by my manager and I began working with a graphic designer on the advertisements. They look fantastic and I am very happy with them. I worked with a graphic designer in our UK office, because of the time difference it was important that I knew exactly what I wanted and sent a detailed brief to the designer.
I have received some great feedback in relation to the work I have completed for this sponsorhsip. I have found the process of working directly with a sponsor very rewarding.
Hope everyone's placement is going well!
Jess
1 comment:
Hi Jess,
Congratulations on your success with the sponsorship project.
Your post caught my attention as I attended several sponsorship meetings during my placement. I find the whole strategic concept quite interesting and was amazed by how much planning goes into selecting and managing the sponsorship opportunities.
My placement was with a large oil and gas company who utilise a sponsorship committee to ensure all opportunities represent the companies goals and objectives.
All applications had to go through several rounds of approvals before being accepted, and had to fit into one of three main categories identified by the company as:
Education and Training
Community; and
Environment
They sponsor things like sports teams and indigenous art festivals, to fun runs and harbor clean-up days. Pretty interesting stuff and quite diverse.
I hope the rest of your placement went well, it sounds really cool.
Cheers,
James Clothier (14300639)
Post a Comment