Friday, October 14, 2011

For the last time...

Hello fellow PR Students for the last time,

In my last post I shared a problem I was having at work regarding an issue with a colleague. Just thought I would do a quick update. I've decided to not let it bother me and not let it affect my internship, including my contribution or view of the organisation. I understand that she believed I had somehow undermined her, even though I did no such thing. This then caused her to think I had some ulterior motive, which then led to her not trusting me. And by her approaching me the way she did, made me not trust her and question whether I will get credit for the work I am doing. I still stand by the fact I do not think she dealt with the situation in the correct manner but have decided to put it behind me and move forward.

I have learnt so much from my time at Zaccaria Group. I learnt it is important to look at the bigger picture and not let other people affect your work. I went into this student placement thinking that I wanted to get into event management, but I have now decided I would prefer to utilise more of my PR skills and work in a job that requires more than just event management.

Although my 20 days are up, I am still staying on with Zaccaria Group, I feel my work there is not done and am excited for the future. Thanks, and goodluck to everyone!

All the best,
Naz

No comments: