Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I had a magical time!

Hi Everyone,

I have had so much fun reading all of your interesting blog posts. It looks as though we have all learned a lot from our time in the 'real world' as we so fondly like to label it but really enjoyed this experience at the same time. I am happy to say that I have completed the expected 20 working days at Hollywood Private Hospital and am staying on to help here and there. They can't get rid of me that easily!

It has been a really hands on and fun glimpse into everyday life as an in house PR professional. In my particular placement there was a big mix of marketing involved in the job but that only helped me to understand the relationship between the two and how they can work hand in hand in a very productive way.
Reading about the fantastic placements many people had at PPR, I am also quite intrigued into the world of consultancy. It has the appeal of different clients and exciting ventures that in house PR just doesn't hold.  So these blogs have definitely been helpful in understanding both sides and also not closing us off from the rest of the world of PR as we might have been only seeing one side to it.

It has been a while since my last blog and much has happened. I helped with the launch of Glengarry Private Hospital's new branding which is now Real Magic. Everyday. I was in charge of taking photos once again and had a great time capturing the day as we held a surprise lunch and reveal for the staff. The launch was lead up to by a teaser campaign which consisted of the CEO emailing out elusive magical messages each day to the staff which I had made up for her earlier in my placement. There were also foam asterix's placed around the hospital to pre empt the logo of the brand. Below is one of the designs that includes a chef at the hospital who catered the lunch on the day. It was a nice touch including staff members from the hospital in their campaign as it is a very close knit community they have.


RealMagicEveryday1_Page_2.jpg

My internship has come to a close now but they are still wanting my help due to a heavy work load. It has been a great experience for me and can only hope to learn more and delve even more into the typical PR elements of the marketing department. 
I am finishing off my report and hoping it all goes well. I wish you all luck on yours and hope you had as great an experience as I did. 

Cheers,

Kate Millar
13643087

No comments: