Hey guys,
Thought I'd update everyone on my last few days with the Hyper Team. After the event everything seemed to slow down and as I only had four days left of my placement, I was assigned only a few tasks. While Tiff was busy liaising with corporate partners, sponsors and stakeholders, I had to work autonomously on some specific tasks that proved some of the most interesting of my entire placement.
The main task that I had to work on was a set of Social Media Guidelines. These guidelines would act as somewhat of a 'what to & what not to do' document for the Hyper Team and potentially the City of Swan with regard to using Social Media tools. As the document could potentially be used for hundreds of employees, I wanted to deliver a high standard of work. After reviewing feedback from external consultants on the topic and being very interested in this area myself, I was ready to tackle this task head first. The Guidelines have hopefully set a foundation for this area within the City of Swan. The document is currently being reviewed and should be finalised within the near future. I can't wait to see the final result!
I was also asked to work on the Evaluation Report for this year's HyperFest. At first I thought...another report? really? But after filling in sections, paragraphs simply poured out and I realised the passion I had built from working on the event. Giving young people a chance to see quality live music at such an inexpensive cost and in a safe environment is really something to be proud of. This report may not have particularly qualified as public relations task, but in the future I feel like these type of reports may be commonplace (especially to deliver to senior management - perhaps to argue the case for public relations in your organisation). Therefore, contributing to this document was rather rewarding.
My final day was a rather sad one. After a productive morning, my supervisors treated me to a lunch at a nearby bar which was super nice of them! They then asked me to join the Hyper Team next year and I of course accepted (we start working on next year's festival in a few short weeks which is exciting!)
Hope everyone's reports are going well! (mine's getting there...just)
Hayley S
14266799
No comments:
Post a Comment