Thursday, October 13, 2011

Never Ending

Hey Bloggers,

I hope everyone is celebrating at the prospect of handing in this insane report!

It has been two weeks since I have completed my internship at Rossmoyne Senior High School, and for some unknown reason I am still working for them.
In this time, I have sent out two press releases to the Canning Times on a couple of stories that I worked on during my actual internship, continued organising the and liaising with the volunteers I acquired after my little presentation at the Curtin Event Management 304 class a few weeks back, and updating the school’s alumni database on its new members. I guess work is never ending in the public relations sector, but to that end I have enjoyed myself these past two months.

On the final day of my internship, I received not only a token of appreciation but a severely long, but amazing speech from the school principal thanking me on all my contributions. This was definitely a highlight as I have never once received any form of recognition throughout my high school years. I guess, in hindsight everyone is able to redeem themselves if you put in the effort to.

I do believe my greatest achievement was the launch of the Alumni program which has the potential ability to attract all of Rossmoyne’s past graduates back to 1968. Granted it has not taken off to a speeding manner I would have hoped for, however I still believe it does has the ability to be something great should the school invest more time, and finances into promoting it.
Although the internship has ended, my relationship with my high school hasn’t. I was offered to help organise and run the Alumni launch event, which will be held early on next year; considering it is my baby, I do believe I could spend a few extra days in addition to this internship to help the school that provided many highs and lows for over 5 years.

For those who attended Rossmoyne Senior High School, I encourage you to join the alumni program via http://rossmoyne.wa.edu.au/Community/Alumni.aspx

Finally, I would like to wish each PR 393 student all the best in your future endeavours. I believe through our internships, and the lessons learnt over the last three years at Curtin would greatly assist us in developing successful careers in years to come.

Bryan Teo
13968366

No comments: