Thursday, October 13, 2011

Nazanin Motiee 14139820

Hi again everyone,

I was working through the report and found myself reflecting on my time at CBH Group. It made me realise that my studies come to an end this semester and that I should really be looking for a job at this point and time. But I find myself quite lost most of the time as to what area I think would be the best for me, which would make me happy and keep me satisfied.

I was speaking to one of the contract workers at CBH and he said something really interesting that made me even more confused and anxious about finishing. He said that you shouldn’t just try to get into any job for the sake of having a job, but rather think about how you would feel about going to the job on Monday morning. He said that if you’re not happy about going to work on a Monday morning then it means you don’t love what you are doing. This was an eye opener for me as I’m already really unsure about what I want to do when I finish in November. Very confused!

Anyway finishing my last day at the internship made me feel pretty sad, because I was getting use to going to catching the bus and train into the city every Tuesday and Wednesday. I feel that I have become familiar with CBH’s values and have grown accustomed to the processes and procedures. CBH truly value their employees and have adopted the ethic that if the employees are satisfied then they will be more productive and happy to do their jobs.

My Experience at CBH:

At first I only had a vague idea about the corporate environment and was not sure what to expect from an office job. However, working at CBH gave me confidence in my skills and my abilities to undertake unfamiliar tasks. It has given me an understanding of what is required of a professional working in the corporate world.

Until next time,
Nazanin Motiee
14139820

No comments: