Greetings to all those future PR professionals!!
The first week at my internship has been such an amazing experience! Since the first day at Artsource, everyone was friendly and helpful. Artsource is currently consulting the Shire of Roebourne on a big event called the ‘Cossack Art Award 2012’ (CAA). I am in charge of the PR and Marketing strategies for this event.
On my first day, I was shown the marketing strategies and photographs from the event in 2011. We then discussed what the organization aims to achieve in this years event, especially because it is their 20th anniversary!
My task for the week was to finish all the media relations such as approving for advertisement, finalizing on the bookings and contacting the sponsors to get their approval.
Talking about sponsors – remember how we were told that two competing companies in an industry will not sponsor for the same cause? This is not always the case, especially in Western Australia. Mining corporations want to show their support in the community and they are willing to collaborate with competitors for a worthy cause. CAA 2012 has a few major mining giants as our sponsors; Rio Tinto is our principal partner (the main sponsor), Chevron, Woodside and CITIC Pacific Mining.
By the third day, I started on the media kit. This was challenging, some of the documented data of the event was non-existent. The documents, photos or media articles from the first year of CAA (1992) cannot be found. I had to do some research, online and through the old school way by going to the library.
This week has allowed me to put a lot of the PR theories we learned in class and from our assignments to use. It made me realize that all those hours spent on creating long PR documents has not gone to waste! It has prepared us for what’s coming ahead in the future!
Looking forward to what’s waiting around the corner!
Daniela
3 comments:
Hi Daniela,
An anniversary is always a valuable addition to promoting anything, so that it great news for you!
I remember when I had to create a PR strategy for Workpower Incorporated, they too had an upcoming anniversary which became the whole theme of my promotional strategy (very helpful).
We certainly did spend a lot of hours creating PR documents, and I am extremely glad that I did! I think that the long hours I spent at uni has allowed me to be quick and efficient in the workplace.
I'm glad to see you are enjoying yourself too. Good luck with the rest of your internship!
Georgina
Hi Daniela,
You are so lucky to be working for such a prestigious art event!
When I worked for Perth Fashion Festival, I helped with their fashion launch and I remember having the amazing opportunity to see stylish pieces that WA designers produced! You are so lucky to be able to promote beautiful art pieces and designers!
I can't wait to see how the event unfolds! I'm sure with your help, it will be spectacular. Be sure to post some photos from the anniversary event for us too!
Wish you the best with the rest of your internship!
Evelyn
Hey Daniela,
It is great to see that you are utilising the concepts u've learnt in the Public Relations Media unit. Creating a media kit might seem challenging at first, but I am sure it will be a valuable skill to have!
I can't wait to hear of what happens with the upcoming event!
Goodluck!
Amira
Post a Comment