Hello my fellow bloggers!
Finally, I have time to actually blog and just take a breather. It has truly been a busy couple of weeks, juggling uni, a part time job and my internship at Promaco Conventions.
My internship is going smoothly, and I am taking a lot of things in and learning a lot. There is no dull day in the office, it's definitely a go go go kind of workplace. With the first event coming up in May my supervisor and I have been busy with liaising, sponsorship packages, getting quotes for venues and lots of other event like things. Every week I come into the office, I check my emails, reply to them accordingly and get down to my tasks and deadlines that has to be met.
One of my weekly task is to monitor the company's Facebook page. Every week I will do at least one post, preferably on a Friday. Last week I came across one of the most interesting article I've read this year. It's called How To: Improve Engagement on Your Brand's Facebook Page (STATS).
Here is the link: http://mashable.com/2011/04/06/facebook-engagement-data/
Basically the article talks about statistics and tips on how to engage your audience on your Facebook page specifically for companies. I thought the article just had to be shared around.
I highly recommend anyone to read this, especially if your doing your PR internship. You might be able to use these tips for the companies you are interning for and impress your supervisor.
Social Media is truly everywhere, and it is such a great tool for communicating to your audience.
That's all for now.
Have a great Easter break everyone.
Till next time...
Welcome to PR Internship - YOUR opportunity to put everything you have learned over the past years at university into practice and to get a thorough insight into what public relations is like "in the real world". This Blog allows you to reflect on your experiences, share insights with other students across campuses and to possibly give advice and support to fellow students. Please also see http://http://printernship-reflections2.blogspot.com.au/ for more reflections.
3 comments:
Hi Grace, thanks for the link, it's really an interesting read with a lot of things I wasn't aware of. Social Media especially Facebook is indeed a great tool for any company who knows how to handle it properly and as such, the article is a useful tool.
But still a lot of companies/organizations that use Social Media think that once they created an account it runs by itself without putting too much thinking in what they are actually doing. Some also get a negative surprise,keyword 'shitstorm'...
Hi Grace, this was definitely an interesting read, and also a very important aspect of a companies image and PR plan in current times.
I agree with what Chrisoph has said about some companies/organisations that utilise social media having an expectation that a Facebook or any other social media account will run itself, which is far from true.
I think what a lot of companies don't realise is how easy and beneficial it is to communicate and build a relationship with customers through Facebook, as well as boost there image based on good customer service.
From personal experience, when I've been looking at doing buisness with a company I have often checked their Facebook page just to see what's on there. I've also often asked questions about a product or what's in stock etc, and received my reply from the organisation as a comment. I think with companies doing this there is a welcoming degree of transperancy as everyone else can see this communication. If a companies Facebook page has a lot of comments from potential customers/people utilising the service/queries/whatever the comapany or oganisation is based in, and they are not replying to customers one may be less inclined to use their service or do business with them, and it is not a very good look for the company.
Basically, it's an easy way to build a great relationship with customers, and boost the company/organisations image and it doesn't take a lot of work, about 15 minutes a day would cover it. However it could possibly be better to have no Facebook at all than a poorly maintained, outdated, inactive page.
Hi Scott and Christoph, Im glad you liked the article. And yes, I totally agree with you, most companies just don't know how to use or grow their facebook page. Its a shame, because its such a unique and great communication tool to get all your messages across. Social Media has definitely shaped and change this generation and why not take advantage of it. Right? Well all the best in your placement :)
Post a Comment