Hi everyone!
I’m completing my internship at my current place of work, as
I work fulltime and only have this unit left to complete before I graduate as a
fully fledged PR professional! I work in the oil and gas industry and am
currently working in an internal communications department for a large oil and
gas project.
I started as the junior in the communications team, so my
duties were fairly basic at the beginning and I primarily provided support to
the other members of my team. However my role has developed fairly quickly
since I’ve settled in, and I’m now responsible for developing my own
communications materials. At the moment, alongside my own duties I am covering
the communications advisor role which looks after all communications needs for
our offices located in London and Asia. This can be tricky at times, especially when
managing cultural differences, but has provided me with some great learning
experiences in international communications.
When I was at uni I used to think that internal communications
was a fairly small job without much of an audience but working on such a large
project has changed all of that! Our
workforce spans several thousand people, and there is a huge contractor
workforce that we also need to communicate with. It’s so important to deliver
consistent messages, but challenging to make sure you reach everyone
effectively. Many communications tools such as Facebook, which are incredibly
successful for external communications, can’t be used to deliver internal
communications as in many cases the information is confidential and these
platforms are inappropriate. As such, we need to be more creative with the
avenues we have available.
Looking forward to reading about everyone's placements
and experiences out in the real world!
No comments:
Post a Comment