So my internship at Infamous Events came to an end this past weekend. My formal time at least. There is still one project that I was working with them on that I will continue on with. It all should have been wrapped up but there were a few delays. We have booked a weekend run of shows for Perth band Refrain's final shows. They were a very popular band in the scene, and everyone is sad to see them go. This hasn't been officially announced yet (hence the delays and why I'm going to keep working with them on the promotion of these shows) as the person in charge of all the graphic design at Infamous Events has been away for the past week, but they will be getting announced next week. We have booked an all ages and an 18+ show over one weekend in late June, with some of the best local bands (in this scene, definitely not everyones taste) as supports. It will be great to be able to implement a few different things we haven't tried before to promote the shows, from suggestions I've made and things I've noticed at my time already working with the company.
The past few weeks have been a great learning experience, and I've been very lucky to work with this company. While they are only a small business that haven't been around very long, I learned a lot from the way they work, and how much time and effort really goes in to putting on concerts. Not to mention the financial risk they take in bringing out bands from overseas (trust me it's scary! A gamble I'd be scared to take for sure).
I will post more details about the final show once it's announced on this blog, which will be hopefully later this week/next week. In the mean time if you are in to punk, hardcore or any form of heavy music check out the link to the band above, definitely not for everyone but given it a listen and you may like it...
Welcome to PR Internship - YOUR opportunity to put everything you have learned over the past years at university into practice and to get a thorough insight into what public relations is like "in the real world". This Blog allows you to reflect on your experiences, share insights with other students across campuses and to possibly give advice and support to fellow students. Please also see http://http://printernship-reflections2.blogspot.com.au/ for more reflections.
1 comment:
Yea, I agree that the last period of the practical placement has been the great learning experience. I feel like all what we I have studies about PR comes into use in practice finally, but in many ways it has been much more we also have been learning from the real-life placement. By the suggestions you've made for implementing a few difference before the shows, obviously,you are able to play an important role in the professional work team already. Congratulation! Hope I have the chance to watch the show :)
Post a Comment