Name: Lynette Liew Jean Lin
Campus: Curtin University, Miri
So, my
internship has finally come to an end. I don't exactly know how do I feel about it. I have a mixed feeling of happiness, sadness and anxiousness. I feel really happy that I have completed my assignment and that I can finally graduate. At the same time, I feel really sad to be leaving Miri Marriott Resort & Spa because I really like the people there. The employees there are all a friendly and warm bunch of people and my colleagues were really a fun and outgoing group of people to work with. They have certainly changed my perception on overcritical colleagues and intimidating bosses. Another thing that made me really sad was not joining in their Annual Dinner which was held on the end of April. I was sick during that week, and I missed out on all the fun. :( My colleagues were all very welcoming and had been constantly asking me to join them.
Now that I am going to graduate, I feel anxious. It is indeed the beginning of another chapter in my life, the working life. However, I am really thankful that my internship has helped me to know more about the real world. As an intern, I was there to learn about new things, to ask whenever I was in doubts and to gain new experience and knowledge that I have not learn in class. It was also a chance for me to apply everything that I have learned in class into my work.
I used to be unsure of what public relations practitioners actually do, but now, I
see the importance and impact of this position in a company. With all the things I have learned during my time as an internship, I emerged with more experience of how it feels like to be working in a real world such as the pressure of tight deadlines.
Thinking about where I stood
three years ago and where I am now, it made me feel like I have grown into a different person, more matured and knowledgeable.In short, my time with Miri Marriott Resort & Spa has enriched me in many ways. I am really grateful because the experiences and skills I have developed during my internship will stay with me in my whole life.
That is all for now. All the best in all your future undertakings, everyone! x
2 comments:
Congratulation Lynette!! I understand how you feel. I have the same feeling and had been through what you felt. I was working in Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu, and the people there are just wonderful. Best wishes to you! :)
Thanks Charlene! I am glad that you enjoyed your internship! And it is great to know that we worked in the same industry! :)
All the best to you too! x
Post a Comment