It's been a busy week, since it's almost the end of the semester. Everyone is coping up with assignments and preparing for finals. For today's post, I would like to share my experience dining with the press during my internship. My supervisor had asked me to tag along. Imperial Hotel had invited the press over for a lunch in the restaurant to try out some new dishes for Mother's Day Dinner. Building a good rapport with the media is important and we as a PR practitioner needs to maintain a good relationship with the media. The Borneo post, See Hua Daily News, United Daily News and Utusan Sarawak journalist had attend the lunch gathering.
At first, I was quite nervous as I do not know what am I suppose to chat with the press. I thought it was going to be the most awkward moment as I do not know any of the press that was going to attend the lunch gathering. To my surprised, they were all so nice and wonderful. They shared their experiences working as a journalist and cracked a lot of jokes. The room is full of laughter and chattering sound. It was indeed a great experience.
The news article that came out in See Hua Daily news:
Deep Fried Weever Fish in Tumeric Sauce


2 comments:
Hey Cecilia,
I saw the Mother's day article you've posted when I flipped through See Hua the other day :) It looks so yummy doesn't it! Well, I was asked to tag along to the media luncheon too this afternoon. Since we are having an event tomorrow my supervisor thought it would be polite if I could meet the media beforehand.
It went well, although I didn't get to introduce myself to some of the journalist since we were given a long table. Luncheon like these are important I think, because it helps to break the ice for new employees like myself and it serves as an appropriate reason for our communications officers to socialise with the media, why not ! :)
Good luck with your report :)
Xx Jasmine
interning at HSBC, Brunei.
Hi Jasmine,
Glad to hear that it went well for you. I do hope you enjoy as much as I did while dining with the press. I would say the food was indeed very delicious. I do agree with what you say, it is important to build good relations with the media. I believe they would actually benefits us in our near future in PR career.
Good luck with your report too ;)
Regards,
Cecilia Yii
Post a Comment