Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Farewell Imperial Hotel

Greetings to all,
This post marks the end of my great journey with Imperial Hotel. Actually I have ended my internship over a week ago, and I was too busy with my assignments, hence, the late blog post. I apologize for that. It has been quite a ride for this few months and it has been so rewarding. I can't imagine myself doing internship at any other place; great colleagues, great place and growing opportunities! But too sad I won't be around to experienced all the exciting upcoming programs held by Imperial Hotel.

All my life, I have been working in many different places, different industry, and different environment. What makes a place worth the while?..Its the PEOPLE. I was known for my loud and joyful personality, and I can't deny that. I love being around a lot of personalities, and yes, I do wanna touch each and every soul. Sounds like a dalai lama, but for me, the reason I have chosen PR as a major is to improve my skills of connecting with people in a good way and learning that through PR, gives me a different point of views.

My next goal is to achieve my lifelong dream. I always been so fascinated with all sorts of wedding planning and details. I guess with all the experiences, merely enough for me to start off my journey, I should say I need to gain more experiences beforehand. Event management is another thing that I love. I hope all these interest could become a great package and together I hope I have what it takes to be a wedding planner. *Fingers crossed*

As for my final day in Imperial Hotel, my fellow colleague made a small farewell party for me. It was quite touching moments. Anyway, I did my farewell speech and my manager gave me a gift and wishes me all great opportunities and lots of luck. At that moment, I started to think, what's next??..

Before anything else, I need to get my PR 3993 final report done. I am still a semester away from graduating and this will give me plenty of time to think and plan my career. Well I guess this is a wrap and I wish everyone out there happy internship and to those who soon will be graduating, Congratulations folks, you made it!!

Cheers,
xxSophiexx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sophie!

Congratulations on the completion of your internship placement! I am glad you enjoyed your days in the hotel! I just completed mine and undeniably, I enjoyed mine a lot!

I completely agree with you that it's the people which makes a place worth the while! All the employees in the place which I worked in were all so warm and friendly! They were all indeed a bunch of really friendly, outgoing and pleasant people!

All the employees will give each other a friendly greet upon seeing each other and this never fails to make me feel all warm and welcome inside. I feel so lucky to be able to work with them, even only for a short three months time.

I used to be really worried and afraid of going into the real world, but I think it is not so bad after all. :)

Anyway, all the best in all your future undertakings!