Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Job Interview Using Skype

Hello Everyone,

Now, I'd like to share about my experience having an interview via Skype. 
After 3 days waiting for respond from Fortune PR,  finally they asked me to have an interview with them. But the thing is I still have to finish my semester, therefore i couldn't go back to my country to have an interview with them. Then, they asked me to have an interview via Skype. 

As we all know that Skype is a communications program that can be downloaded free of charge. This internet-based programs are capable of presenting high-quality sound and picture. A big companies abroad and international scale always using Skype to save more cost and time.

Interview via skype only requires equipment, such as a computer or laptop, webcam, headset, and the speed of internet work. So, according to my experience, here's what you need to consider:

1.     Suitable Background. Choose a white or clean wall with the best lighting, so the employer does not get distracted during the interview.

2.     Choose the formal outfit, for example: Black jacket. Do not dress up the upper half of your body while keeping the lower half and wearing short pants or pajama. In case you need to get something, you don't want the employer to see your pajama or short pants right?

3.     This is how I find interesting to have an interview via Skype, you can put notes around your webcam in case you forget about what you wanna say, but make sure you still maintain your eye contact.

4.     Maintain eye contact. Rather than look at the person on the screen, try to look directly into the webcam!

5.     Don't forget to make sure you have strong signals on your computer and check the wireless network too. 


Hope this tips will help you to get the best experience for having a job interview using Skype.

Thank you for reading, until my next post.

Cheers,

Della Patricia Mandiro

LUCT

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello there! Thanks for the tips! I was actually attracted by your post title. For the first time I have heard about skype being used for a job interview. I think this way it is much easier than doing it face to face as for me I will be less nervous. Therefore I prefer this way of interviewing. Before I was actually in one situation where I was back in my hometown Malaysia and looking for a placement in Perth. I had a very hard time trying to explain that I could'nt come in for an interview. No one offered a skype interview though. Anyway goodluck for your placement!

Unknown said...

Hello there! Thanks for the tips! I was actually attracted by your post title. For the first time I have heard about skype being used for a job interview. I think this way it is much easier than doing it face to face as for me I will be less nervous. Therefore I prefer this way of interviewing. Before I was actually in one situation where I was back in my hometown Malaysia and looking for a placement in Perth. I had a very hard time trying to explain that I could'nt come in for an interview. No one offered a skype interview though. Anyway goodluck for your placement!