It’s Yashni, intern of Odysseus PR agency...
Time really flies when you are having fun or should
I rather say when you are busy. I have already completed 10 days of internship and I can say that PR is a fun
department to work in because it’s a mix of almost everything. I’m leaning that
people in PR have to simultaneously be able to handle different tasks.
I guess you must be wondering why this title?
Well this week has been an interestingly hectic one for me, the event is tomorrow and up till yesterday I had to run after the catering company for confirmation, to ask for the menu/price lists, and look for quotations of wine for the cocktail on Friday. At the same time, I had to research and write for the new website that I’ve been assigned to do and also to contact photographs, diving centers, hunting companies, etc.. to persuade them to give the right to publish some of their materials without any compensation. And I can say that I’m proud of myself for I have successfully been able to persuade them. I have realized that multitasking is a must in PR – varied clients, work, deadlines, etc…, all necessitate the ability to juggle multiple disparate tasks at once.
![]() |
| Come and join us at SVICC on 26th & 27th July 2012 for the 'Salon de la Com' |
The event is at the door and during the whole week there have
been meetings, appointments, brainstorming, mailing – and I have been realizing that
- you just learn as you go and you take it all in. I can say that right
now at Odysseus, you don’t have a
day, an hour, or a minute for yourself.
But still I love
my internship! I’m always so busy
currently, and each day has flown by so fast, but I’m loving the experience. I
know maybe some could have expected to hear some negatives about this
internship, but besides the lack of sleep and lack of social life, I could not
be happier! It has been an amazing way
to meet people who are interested in this field. I’m already SO glad I decided
to do it and I just can’t wait for tomorrow!
What
about you? How far are you into your internship? Are you enjoying it?
Let
me know in a comment!


No comments:
Post a Comment