Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The Juggling Act


Hi There!

Wow...What a hectic last couple of months! I started a placement as Events Assistant at Kings Park in June – doing the PR in the lead up to the Kings Park Festival in September – and then also started my Internship at Presbyterian Ladies College Public Affairs Department. So on top of two placements and uni and tying to have a social life – its been crazy!

Working at Kings Park has been really interesting. I am part of a small communications team and we are doing everything in preparation for the Kings Park Festival. The festival runs every day in September with events and activities on every day. Also, every weekend there are Live Music Sundays. So, there is a lot to organise! I have been doing a whole range of things so far – from design work for promotional material to organising distribution lists and booking musicians and artists and writing up contracts for everyone involved in the festival. It has been really interesting having meetings with external PR professionals that help work on the festival and seeing what their lives are like.

My internship at PLC is a little less hectic. It is community relations based and I have been working on a range of events that the school hold to retain involvement of past students. It has been really good working on events from the very beginning until the end. We are at the point now where all the preparation is done and the events are about to start happening. It should be a good end to my internship to attend and run the events that all my hard work has gone into.

I guess this is all just a small taste of what working full time is going to be like!

I am looking forward to seeing what else I get to experience over the next few months, and hearing about everyone else’s placements!

Kelly

No comments: