Thursday, August 16, 2012

When PR merge with social media!




Hello people,

Mridoo here, I am studying Mass Communication at the Charles Telfair Institute. I'm doing Public Relation as my major and actually on internship for PR 393.

I’m doing my PR internship at Marcom. I guess many of you have heard this company for the first time. So, let me introduce you what does Marcom do actually.

Marcom is the marketing and communication branch of the British American Investment Group of companies. Marcom handles all the marketing and communication needs for the groups companies Iframac Ltd, Bramer Banking Corporation, Apollo Bramwell Hospital, Solis Travel & Tours, Le Voyageur Travel & Tours, Courts, Bramer Banking Corporation and many more.

Some of our  leading corporate


      



Media Monitoring/Media Clippings

From the beginning of my internship and up to now, my role is to handle and assist the communication needs for the company. My daily allocated job is to work on media clippings and website & social media monitoring to see how audiences respond and interact on Facebook fan page.

PR+Social media

Up to now I have been working on the event that Le Voyageur Travel & Tours (LVTT) has organized in collaboration with Marcom. LVTT has organized a photography contest on the theme "Mauritius by the People" which was initially takes place on Facebook during a month. You might find more details on the Facebook fanpage of LVTT. Last Friday the winner of this competition has been awarded at the Hennessy Park Hotel. 

Mridoo 

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hello Mridoo...
Indeed it is the first time that I am hearing from this company but with the list of clients you have mentioned above, I am sure you are going to have a wonderful experience.
As for me, I am actually interning at Odysseus, a PR agency. I had pretty many good experiences up till now. If you want you can check my posts to have a better insight on what I have been doing during those 20 days.
Well to conclude I would say - take the best out of this opportunity and I hope you are going to enjoy your internship just like I did!

Good luck my friend

Soul Engaged said...

Hey Yashni, yeah Marcom involves with many reputed companies.. and i must say it is indeed a great experience to work with Marcom. Its the first time am working in the PR field and am enjoying my internship.

I will have a look on your post soon.
Bye :)