[Blog post number 3]
Curtin Sarawak Open Day 2012!
*Note: All pictures belong to Corporate Communications Department of Curtin Sarawak
Open day was scheduled to start at 10am. We arrived at the office at 8am, ensuring that all final preparations are done, while awaiting the arrival of VIPs and members of the press.
All VIPs and members of the press are given an Open Day Tshirt (see pictures below!)
Members of the press were also given a copy of media release, and speeches by the VIPs.
I was pretty occupied throughout the morning session, handling the VIPs and members of the press. Learned a lot about the different VIPs and how are they significant to the university, as well as the event. Besides, I also had a good time getting to know more about my colleagues. It has been a good two months and I must say I am very honored to be able to work with such amazing and talented individuals during my placement at Corporate Communications department.
After the opening ceremony, my job was pretty much done. All I did after that was walking around the campus, enjoying the yummy food sold at different stalls, watching performances, and speaking to friends who are all immersed in the joyous day!
(I also had a free dental check at the Curtin Sarawak Open Day!!)
It was really amazing to see everything that the committee has been working on come to life on that very day. Crowds were flocking in, there were cheers to support the performers and contestants, and most important of all, everyone had fun and enjoyed themselves. Although I was not on the committee board from the very beginning, I have enjoyed the process of being part of the committee upon commencement of my internship, and would love to be a part of the committee if given another chance.
Feel free to enjoy the pictures below :)
Pic 1: My supervisor, myself and my colleague
Pic 2: Manager of Corporate Communications Department at Curtin Sarawak, myself, my supervisor and Manager of University Life having a look at the Innovation Expo Exhibition.
Pic 3: Mingling with the VIP, explaining different parts of Curtin Sarawak Open Day to them.
Pic 4, 5 and 6: Random pictures of myself and other staff of Curtin Sarawak
Curtin Sarawak Open Day 2012!
*Note: All pictures belong to Corporate Communications Department of Curtin Sarawak
Open day was scheduled to start at 10am. We arrived at the office at 8am, ensuring that all final preparations are done, while awaiting the arrival of VIPs and members of the press.
All VIPs and members of the press are given an Open Day Tshirt (see pictures below!)
Members of the press were also given a copy of media release, and speeches by the VIPs.
I was pretty occupied throughout the morning session, handling the VIPs and members of the press. Learned a lot about the different VIPs and how are they significant to the university, as well as the event. Besides, I also had a good time getting to know more about my colleagues. It has been a good two months and I must say I am very honored to be able to work with such amazing and talented individuals during my placement at Corporate Communications department.
After the opening ceremony, my job was pretty much done. All I did after that was walking around the campus, enjoying the yummy food sold at different stalls, watching performances, and speaking to friends who are all immersed in the joyous day!
(I also had a free dental check at the Curtin Sarawak Open Day!!)
It was really amazing to see everything that the committee has been working on come to life on that very day. Crowds were flocking in, there were cheers to support the performers and contestants, and most important of all, everyone had fun and enjoyed themselves. Although I was not on the committee board from the very beginning, I have enjoyed the process of being part of the committee upon commencement of my internship, and would love to be a part of the committee if given another chance.
Feel free to enjoy the pictures below :)
Pic 1: My supervisor, myself and my colleague
Till the next, take care, and do let me know what you'd like to read! :D
Thank you
Regards
Michelle Lau
14452886
Curtin Sarawak






No comments:
Post a Comment