Hi to all,
So my internship at
Imagine Communication is still being conducted under good conditions. I am
learning more and more which will help me building my future career and has knowledge
of how it will be working in this field.
For my third blog post,
I have chosen to write about the importance of building and creating media
contact list and relationship in the PR field.
Other tasks which were entrusted
to me are:
Building
and categorising the media contacts list
Proceeding with this
task of creating and categorising the media contacts was a bit uninteresting
for me because I did not understand the importance of doing it. However, after
a while, my supervisor explained to me its importance and I started taking
pleasure doing it. In the Public Relations department, it is essential to
always have an updated media contact list as when we need to send press
release, it is easier and safer to send it directly to the concerned person within
the media. Otherwise, it may not be taken into account and this can lead to no
media coverage from this media outlet.
After having creating and categorising this
list, I knew about its importance. And I really think that even if it is a bit
boring to do it; it facilitates our job afterwards and we can operate in more
secure conditions too.
Importance
of maintaining good relationship with the media.
I have also learnt the
importance of maintaining a good relationship and communication with media; as they
are essential for media coverage. The role of public relations practitioners is
to maximise media coverage; this is why we should always keep a good
relationship with them.
During my internship at
Imagine Communication, several times, I had to telephone to the media and
journalists after sending press releases. This have given me the opportunity to
learn how we should talk and communicate with them and at what time of the day
we should contact them as they are being very busy persons. I think that it is
also an integral and essential part of our job; to keep a good relationship
with media outlets and journalists as they are the key determinant of our job
tasks.
Therefore, the
importance of building media contact list and relationships with the media is crucial
in the PR field as it determines collaboration as well as media coverage with
is essential in PR activities.
Thank you for taking
time to read,
And the last blog post
will come soon.
Natacha Rosalie
4 comments:
So true! I have also found that if you deal with someone in a good manner it makes it so much easier next time you talk to them and you never know what benefits you may get from developing certain strong relationships. Gives you a good reputation too!
Yes Kelly, thank you...I agree with you, we have to develop a good reputation too, very important for our image as being a PR practitioner...So true too..
Hope you are enjoying your internship!!:)
Hi Natacha,
I so totally understand your point. It really looks like the kind of boring task at the beginning, a task which turns out to be essential after spending some time on it.
Creating media contact is so vital in the public relations field and I never realised how much tiring it can be to literally run after journalists.
Having a constantly updated media lists helps you build up relationships and even a friendship sometimes. And this eases up our task so much on the long term that my internship helped me in accepting that and I now know of it's importance.
Dealing with journalists is not an easy tasks but having a regular contact with them helps you maintain a good relationship and this turns out to be really useful when it comes to the brand image of your company.
Hope you are enjoying the end of your internship. :)
Hi Astrid,
Thank you for your comment...And yes I agree with you too..
It is one of the most important tasks in the PR field to create and build this media contacts
Post a Comment