Hi everyone,
I am Shin Ru and currently in the midst of completing
my undergraduate degree at Curtin Singapore. Having all the academic PR modules
completed by June, and it is time to put my knowledge in the real world.
I have already completed my one-month internship with
STORM Creative Events Agency. STORM is a boutique Events and PR Agency, that is
both creative and innovative in its approach, taking a client’s vision and
turning it into a remarkable reality. Specialising in F&B, beauty,
lifestyle and fashion industries, STORM believes to bring a stronger presence
for the brand amidst the general public.
My role in the agency is media monitoring / media
clippings, social media updates at Facebook, media list updates, send out
pitching stories to potential media, come out with PR proposal, and other
ad-hoc tasks.
Having the fear in not getting a placement, I know I
have to start my internship search as early as possible. In before hand, I have
sought advice from seniors, and they told me that it would be better to gain
hands-on experience from boutique agency. Also, I get to know that boutique
agency handles fewer accounts in which the workload is manageable. This
provides us, an intern a platform to utilise our PR skills learnt from school.
Ever since I was certain to work in an agency, I came
out with a list of local boutique firms, followed by sending out resumes to
them. In early June, I am glad to have my four-months internship secured with
STORM Creative Events Agency starting 1 July 2012.
For the past month, I have myself adapted to the
working life and able to get myself on the track to complete the tasks. My role
in the company is to work on media monitoring/media clippings, social media
updates on Facebook, media lists updates, pitching to media, PR proposals to
potential client and other ad-hoc tasks. With the joyful atmosphere alongside
the friendly colleagues, it provides me a good working environment – to learn
and to gain lots of working experiences.
Till the next,
Chia Shin Ru
15135858
Curtin Singapore

2 comments:
Hi Shinru,
Hope you are having a great experience for your internship. I can empathise your fear in not getting a placement as I was feeling the pressure of it too. Advices from seniors about their internship experiences do also add on to the fears previously held. In addition, I have faced with a dilemma in choosing between boutique and international agencies too. But eventually I had chosen boutique, as I felt that I would have more hands-on experiences and manageable workload. All the best for the rest of your internship!
Cheers,
Delvina
Post a Comment