These seven weeks has really
flown by! Being here at TAC for three days per week has really been valuable and
a good learning curve for me. This internship especially gave me an insight
into how it works in the public sector. Something that I quickly realised when
working in the government is that everything takes a longer time when it comes
to proposals and how rapidly those to changes can be implemented. Although I
have been making suggestions to the outlook of the website, drafting up a website
business plan, organised surveys, drafting speeches for a social media
presentation and so forth, these methods cannot just start to get used. These
suggestions have to go through a whole process of levels before the decision is
made and they decide if it is important to the organisation or not. Sometimes,
this might even take between 3-6 months, and if it is approved, it might not
even be relevant anymore. I am not sure if I like that when discussing the
public sector, I do not know if it is the right position for me to begin my
career because it might just be to slow paced to what I am used to. But I
suppose, if a position occurs that may suit your qualifications, you also need
to start somewhere when you are a fresh graduate from university to gain
knowledge in the PR industry, you cannot expect to score the top job in your
first employment. In essence, my time at TAC has been a good experience and has
left me with serious thoughts about my future decisions.
I wish all my readers the
best for the future and I hope you all achieve your future goals.
No comments:
Post a Comment