Thursday, October 11, 2012

FitoFly, First Impression


I've started my internship on the campus gym of FitoFly, I honestly didn't really know what to expect nor what they expected of me for that matter. I mean it's a gym for crying out loud. Surprisingly though the boss, Mr. Hakim, proved to be a very understanding and chilled dude. Which is cool considering he's running ISAC and helping out FitoFly.

He asked me what I was expecting to do for FitoFly and I explained that I'm a PR intern and therefore would like to do PR related work.... and not carry weights around the gym or be expected to give nutritional advice to its members as I know next to nothing about being healthy.

After a lengthy discussion, he understood what my job as a PR practitioner was and told me what he would like me to do. My task was ultimately to help increase membership count for FitoFly through PR. Sounded pretty daunting to be honest but he was supportive and listened to my concerns.

My first few questions were about how FitoFly communicates with their key publics and his answer was through word of mouth and sometimes through ISAC registrations. And that's it, I think I got my work cut out for me.

No comments: