Been about a week since I started working at FitoFly and I have to
say the experience is proving to be an interesting one. Since Mr. Hakim gave me
the task of increasing the membership count, I’ve been trying to figure out the
best way to get more people to join FitoFly.
Inevitably I figured it comes down to communications, FitoFly has
no other communication avenues other than ISAC or through word of mouth to try
and get students to register. So I proposed we gather up information, sort it
and put it up online, create a Facebook account, a twitter account and if
possible get someone to design a website for FitoFly where users can learn more about the gym.
A lot of students spend most of their time on the internet and
these days companies NEED to be online for better PR, there’s a lot you can do
through social media. Mr. Hakim liked the idea but he also had another idea he
wanted my input on and it was about shooting a video for the Black Wings, LUCT’s
very own varsity rugby team.
1 comment:
Social media has proved to be a very important tool for a PR practitioner to use in order to communicate to stakeholders. However, other online tools such as e-newsletters and online chats can also be beneficial for an organisation that wants to reach out to a wider audience. My placement needed a series of changes of how they are communicating online. In conclusion, most of all stakeholders look online first, so it is important to keep up to date with the appearance online.
All the best,
Karolina
Post a Comment