Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Beginning and End of an Era

Hi Everyone!

So here we are! The last week of semester...it has flown by. I finished my placement at Kings Park last Sunday when i had one last day left of event management during the festival left. It was really great to do some event management throughout the festival and see what all our hard work in the lead up had gone towards.

I have learnt so much during my placement and my time at Kings Park has been nothing but a positive one. I have been involved in so many services such as promotion, advertising, community relations, government relations, stakeholder management and event management. I feel privileged to have had the opportunity to experience a new working environment and make many new contacts along the way.

I now know that having good time management is a must in the PR industry. I know that it is crucial to make positive relationships with everyone you deal with. I know that what we learnt at uni did actually help when working in the "real world". I know that it is important to do better than what others and yourself expect of you. And i know that you should do all of this with a friendly, professional, honest, credible and approachable manner.

I think the PR 393 Placement unit is one of the best units because it gives all student to kick off their experience or to add to their professional experience. I still believe that hands on experience is where we learn our best lessons, and from the experiences i have had this year i will keep believing this until proven otherwise.

Hope you all had as positive experiences as i did and good luck with those placement reports!

Kelly

No comments: