Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The end or not?

So it is the last week of my placement and i have fulfilled my 20 days at work. Instead of opting to leave Colosoul, i have decided to take upon a new role within the company which may enhance my career further. It has been a amazing journey where i actually applied my university course into my work and learnt so much more about employee relations, speech writing,  what you can say and cannot say, and privacy.

I would like to thank Curtin for giving me this opportunity to go out and look for a job and have the experience i need to succeed. I know i chose a course in Public Relations and it has definitely helped me in my job but it also made me realise that Public Relations is not a job i would want in the future. By working in Colosoul i realised that all the things i have achieved, public relations is a task i would not want to do. I can tell you know readers that it is a tough industry to be in and clients can be ruthless to you however i realised that Public relations aided me a lot in my proposals and speech writing but writing media releases and updating social media was something that was not for me in the end.

I have learnt a lot and how important public relations is to any workforce and would recommend students to take this journey as i did but sometimes you find out that your journey leads you on to another path which i am so excited to be going through at Colosoul Group Inc. This journey has lead me to believe that hard work and determined does pay off and with a good boss as well, you can learn so much in such a short time.

1 comment:

Sara M said...

Hi Jun. I've been reading through your whole journey at Colosoul. I'm very impressed hearing that you in the end realised PR isn't anything for you. Not many people would be able to say that! But however PR is relevant in any job so you haven't wasted three years on doing nothing, if you see what I mean.

As you say, PR is a very important part of a business, and as a matter of fact it's involved in more aspects of a company's action that one may think. I'm happy to hear you've secured a postion with Colosoul, and that you are in the right direction career-wise.

I wish you all the best in the future, and Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Sara