Monday, October 1, 2012

The End....


         Good afternoon readers. Besides interning for the past several weeks, I spent my free time reading and there was this novel that fascinated me profoundly. It was an Arthurian fantasy novel written by T. H. White titled, “The Once and Future King”. There is one part that I would like to share with you guys. Something that I personally think could relate to my few weeks of internship.
                “The best thing for being sad,” replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, “is to learn something.  That’s the only thing that never fails. You may grow old and trembling in your anatomies, you may lie awake at night listening to the disorder of your veins, you may miss your only love, you may see the world about you devastated by evil lunatics, or know your honor trampled in the sewers of baser minds. There is only one thing for it then – to learn. Learn why the world wags and what wags it. That is the only thing which the mind can never exhaust, never alienate, never be tortured by, never fear or distrust, and never dream of regretting. Learning is the only thing for you. Look what a lot of things there are still to be learned.”
           Tears fall as I went through the verses again and again the other night. First day of interning at Naim was scary. It was then that I realized the working world was entirely different from what I learned in school. Even so, education is experience, and the essence of experience is self-reliance. I managed to catch up with work in a jiffy with the help of my manager and colleagues. The knowledge that I have gained in Curtin has helped me tremendously, especially when asked to write press releases or plan for events. Other than that, being a PR student, I was able to assist my marketing colleagues on their projects with several case studies and insights I reaped from the classes I attended at Curtin. Overall, it was indeed a tremendous experience having to work side by side with all the colleagues at Naim these past few weeks. No one knew about me leaving, except my boss. I was the type of person that disliked farewells, especially when the focus was on me.
                                        Picture: On my last day of internship with all my colleagues.

       Benjamin Franklin once said, “Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.” Hence, internship at Naim’s gave me an opportunity to learn, understand and self-balancing through well-adjusted theoretical know-how and practical skills in order to survive at work in the future. Thanks again for taking all of your time to read my posts. I truly appreciate that. Goodbye for now. : )

1 comment:

M K said...

I remember my last day in Naim, it's all about food, snacks and pictures. You've got these people who you can call friends now. :D