Hello everyone,
Thank you for taking the time to read my post.
During the past weeks, I have been able to see how time-consuming and hectic it
can be to work in the PR field. In fact, organizing events is not a simple
thing as it includes various little
details which requires a lot of focus and thorough attention. On the other
hand, the building up of concepts/plans requires a strategic mind which can
only be gained with experience and research.
The research proved to be very helpful and crucial
during the internship as it helped to collect ideas as well as to extend knowledge
and consciousness about many aspects. Well, it has for me. Indeed, during my
internship, research was the biggest part of the process while doing a plan. Thorough
documentation was done on both the product/client and past campaigns or
initiatives that were made. It was two distinct phases which consisted of investigating
specific aspects as below:
The
product
The first part consists of studying the product
itself so as to have more in-depth information as well as its historic. This is
all about getting the maximum of information available in order to have a
better understanding of the brand.
The
campaigns
This part consisted of scanning firstly past
strategies used by the client/brand so as to understand the way of working and
the philosophy known as the brand DNA which is all the characteristics of the
brand. It is a determinant part as this is the starting point from which ideas
and propositions will arise. It is therefore very important to be relevant to
the brand and show that we are having the same optic as them. Secondly,
extended research was done to become aware of competitors strategies and
tactics. This is also essential as it helps to know more about the market as a
whole which can further give more credibility to your work.
Finally, I also pleasingly noticed that through all
the research made, I have become more attentive to the Public Relations world
on a global scale. In fact, I have been gaining awareness as to what is happening
around the world and discovering the latest trends in the field. In addition, I
observed that I have been developing alertness whilst accessing information
about brands/products/campaigns that are more or less alike as the one we are
working on. To my surprise, I found myself being interested in reading
newspapers and making research for pleasure ever since I started working which I
never really enjoyed doing before.
As a whole, I have been very happy to see how being
in the professional field can help in improving and challenging ourselves
without even realizing it, but most of all, we enjoy it. It should be acknowledged
that we are working in probably one the richer and self-satisfactory working
field where stress, credits and strategies makes a wonderful coalition of
experience.
Enjoy your luck PR people and thank you for your
time.
2 comments:
Hi Karen,
Yes so true!!! PR is a field that always need research and updates to the trend. Being outdated can spoil a PR campaign!!
One think that I have learnt,not from PR but Marketing; that researching is important and should be made on a local as well as international basis. We should always keep updated with what others in the same industry are doing and by researching on an international basis, we have a wider chance of getting ideas and being creative, especially being in a small island like Mauritius.
Always keep on researching so as to be updated with the trends and to keep up-to-date!!
Regards,
Natacha
Hello Natacha,
Thank you for your comment. I think that research and analysis are indeed essential factors in all working fields.
This is the essence of global awareness at different levels. Even more when dealing with specific and targeted public.
Being updaated and connected to any change of attitude, norms, values, perceptions, behaviours and so on is the key to a succefful approach. Glad to hear that you agree with me.
Regards,
Karen.
Post a Comment